Scientific news about the fishing sector, fish and their parasites
My incomprehensible and chance allergy to fish (ES)
Something like this may think those that occasionally feel bad when eating fish. Probably, they have decided to exclude it from their diet, fearful and uncertain about the real reasons that trigger such an allergic reaction. There are many questions to be raised about the origin of the problem or whether the different culinary treatments or conservation methods can minimize the risk of exposure to the allergen.
Fish is one of the few foods that can cause so many allergies of different origin but with similar symptoms. This makes diagnosis very difficult and, therefore, such cases should be irretrievably drifted to a specialist.
Anisakis, a parasite in your fish, shellfish and sushi (ES)
Anisakis is a parasite that may be present in your raw fish and shellfish. "Boquerones en vinagre" (anchovies in vinegar), sushi or ceviche are gastronomic delicacies that may host an undesirable guest: anisakis. You should know how to "fight" this parasite and the risks it supposes for your health
Anisakis, a stowaway in your meal (ES)
"Boquerones en vinagre" (anchovies with vinegar), sushi or ceviche are some gastronomic delicacies that may host an undesirable guest: anisakis.
Yuck! This fish that I bought is full of Anisakis! What should I do? (ES)
Anisakis is a marine fish parasite. If it arrives at your dish, something that occurs quite frequently, and you have not adequately processed the fish, it may cause gastroenteritis, stomach pain, vomits and, in rare occasions, intestinal obstruction apart from allergy and urticaria, that commences about 30 minutes after ingestion.
Restauración colectiva, 2015-03-11
The double threat of Anisakis: parasitism and anafilactic reactions (ES)
Anisakis is a parasite present in many fishes and molluscs that, apart from triggering parasitism in humans, can also provoke anaphylactic reactions. The deep frozen under -20ºC during more than 48h and cooking at temperatures above 60ºC during more than 2 minutes are the more effective measures to avoid this parasite in humans.